|6/10/2014 10:28:00 AM|
Annandale School District 876 Meeting Minutes
district 876, Regular School Board Meeting
tuesday, may 27, 2014
1. Chair Rieger-Borer called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2. Board members present were: Jeanette Rieger-Borer, Katie Jones, Michael Holthaus, Paul Zabinski, Jon Scheer, Alicia Millner and student representative Brian Hastings.
3. Jones moved to approve the agenda. Zabinski seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
4. Committee Reports:
a. Student Council: Hastings reported on recent student activities and introduced the 2014-15 student representative, Sunny Jensen.
b. Advisory Committees: Rieger-Borer reported on the May 2014 Community Education meeting.
c. Wright Technical Center (WTC): Holthaus reported on the May 6, 2014 meeting.
d. MAWSECO: No meeting.
5. Community concerns and comments: Laura Hood-Beckman updated the board on the 1922 building Re-use Committee work.
6. Zabinski moved to approve the following action items under a consent agenda. Jones seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
a. Minutes from the April 28, 2014 meeting.
b. Approval of the April check register.
c. Acceptance of the following donations:
1. $5000.00 from an Anonymous Donor, to be applied to digital signage at the elementary school.
2. $100.00 from an Anonymous Donor, to be applied to the Grant Glazier Scholarship Fund.
3. $400.00 from Federated Co-ops, Inc., to be applied to the High School Scholarship Fund.
4. $25.00 from an Anonymous Donor, to be applied to the Angel Fund.
5. $1,000.00 from Betty Gunnary, to be applied to the High School Scholarship Fund.
6. $3,000.00 from Clearwater Lions Club, to be applied to the High School Scholarship Fund.
7. $7,380.00 from Cardinal Athletic Foundation, to be applied to the High School Athletics/Activities Fund.
d. Acceptance of the following resignations: Colleen Cummings - Third grade teacher, Danielle Collins - Elementary Special Education Teacher, Audrey Jones - Middle School Cook - Retiring, Sue Weiler - EC Special Education Teacher - Retiring.
e. Approval of a Cooperative Sponsorship of a girls hockey team for the 2014-15 school year.
7. Unfinished Business:
a. Superintendent Niklaus informed the board of the deadline for action to reduce hours of para professionals in FY15 to avoid paying health insurance benefits required by the Affordable Care Act in FY16. No action was proposed.
b. Millner moved to approve $15,000 to support services of a school resource officer in cooperation with the City of Annandale for the 2014-15 school year. Jones seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
8. New Business:
a. Zabinski moved to approve recognizing and congratulating the following Business Professionals of America students for competing in the state and national competitions: State Winners: Carter Diers, Jordan Diers, Erik Jacobson and Josh Tracy - 1st place in Administrative Support Team. Erik Jacobson - 1st place in Computer Security. Jordan Diers - 2nd place in Computer Security. Carter Diers - 6th place in Computer Security. Morgan Diers - 6th place in Keyboarding. National Winners: Carter Diers, Jordan Diers, Erik Jacobson and Josh Tracy - 9th place in Administrative Support Team. Erik Jacobson - 11th place in Computer Security. Jordan Diers - 11th place in Computer Security. Carter Diers - 11th place in Computer Security. Morgan Diers - 11th place in Keyboarding. Holthaus seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
b. Jones moved to approve a special joint meeting with Annandale City Council on Monday, June 16 at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall. Scheer seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
c. Jones moved to approve the following employment contracts for the 2014-15 school year: Rachel Dayton - AHS Counselor, Robin Glazier - AES Special Education LD teacher, Allie Wendroth - first grade teacher, Ryan Deroeck - second grade teacher, Maggie O'Donnel - second grade teacher, Kara Lampi - third grade teacher. Zabinski seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
d. Scheer moved to award tenure status to the following teachers at the conclusion of the 2013-14 school year: Karinda Rolando - AMS music teacher, Jessica Dircks - second grade teacher, Kandice Voigt - DCD teacher at AMS, Sam Weber - second grade teacher, Sandy Briscoe - ELL teacher in the district, Shannon Erickson - ECSE teacher. Holthaus seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
e. Superintendent Niklaus reviewed the updated 2014-15 general fund budget.
f. Superintendent Niklaus proposed hiring administrative support for AES Principal Kuehn for the 2014-15 school year. He will bring a recommendation in June.
g. Member Scheer introduced the following resolution and moved its adoption: RESOLUTION PLACING MARA JACOBSON ON UNREQUESTED LEAVE OF ABSENCE The motion for the adoption of the foregoing resolution was duly seconded by Member Zabinski.and upon vote being taken thereon, the following voted in favor thereof: Rieger-Borer, Millner, Jones, Scheer, Zabinski and Holthaus and the following voted against the same: None. Whereupon said resolution was declared duly passed and adopted.
h. Jones moved to approve the annual Q-Comp report. Millner seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
i. Scheer moved to approve May 29, 2015 for graduation ceremonies for the class of 2015 with the last day of school for graduating seniors as May 27, 2015. Zabinski seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
9. Information Items:
a. Superintendent Niklaus updated the board on the Wright County Conference.
b. Zabinski updated the board on the 1922 building.
c. High School graduation ceremony will be held in the high school gym on Friday, May 30, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
d. Service awards program for ISD 876 staff is Thursday, June 5, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. in the high school commons.
e. There will be a retirement reception on Thursday May, 29 at 3:30 p.m. in the high school commons.
f. The next regular school board meeting will be Monday, June 23 at 7:00 p.m. in the middle school music room.
10. Jones moved to adjourn at 8:21 p.m. Holthaus seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
Michael Holthaus, Clerk
A copy of the official minutes is on file at the District Office and is available for public review.
(published in the Annandale Advocate, wednesday, june 11, 2014)
Article Comment Submission Form