|4/1/2014 11:15:00 AM|
Annandale School District 876 Meeting Minutes
district 876, Regular School Board Meeting
March 17, 2014
1. Chair Rieger-Borer called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2. Board members present were: Jeanette Rieger-Borer, Katie Jones, Michael Holthaus, Paul Zabinski, Jon Scheer and Alicia Millner. Student representative Brian Hastings was absent.
3. Rieger-Borer moved to approve the agenda with no additions. Zabinski seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
4. Committee Reports:
a. Student Council: No report
b. Advisory Committees: Rieger-Borer reported on the March 10, 2014 Community Education meeting
c. Wright Technical Center (WTC): Holthaus introduced the director of WTC, Ray Przekurant
d. MAWSECO: Zabinski introduced the director of MAWSECO, Janelle Bullard
5. Community concerns and comments: None
6. Zabinski moved to approve the following action items under a consent agenda. Scheer seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
a. Minutes from the February 25, 2014 meeting.
b. Approval of the February check register.
c. Acceptance of the following donations:
1. $50.00 from Cathie Wemlinger, to be applied to the Angel Fund.
2. $50.00 from Sherie and Hank Foehrenbacher, to be applied to the Angel Fund.
3. Over 100 personal pizza from Schmidty's for I love to read month at the elementary school.
4. $1,445.00 from Cardinal Athletic Foundation, to be applied to the Alpine Ski Activity Fund.
5. $50.00 from Annandale Auto Care, to be applied to the Robotics Activity Fund.
6. $4,000.00 from Nicholas Greve Foundation, to be applied to the Scholarship Fund.
7. $500.00 from Bruce Kiehn, to be applied to the Scholarship Fund.
7. Unfinished Business:
a. Zabinski moved to approve an additional 90 day continuance for the reuse team and Startide to finalize details of the sale of the 1922 building. Holthaus seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
b. Millner moved to approve a seventh classroom and to close open enrollment until August for kindergarten for the 2014-15 school year.
c. Zabinski moved to approve $228,400 in capital facility expenditures for the 2014-15 school year. Scheer seconded. Motion passed unanimously. Jones moved to approve replacement of the roof on the 1961 portion of the middle school for $176,700. Zabinski seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
d. Scheer moved to approve no make-up day for students because of the February 21, 2014 weather related school closing and teachers will make up the contract day in professional development activities either in the evenings between April 1 and June 4th or a full day on June 9, 2014. Holthaus seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
8. New Business:
a. Jones moved to approve recognizing and congratulating the High School Boys' Basketball Team for placing second in the MSHSL State Tournament. They are as follows:
Andrew Fort, Matt Miller, Tanner Olean, Alex Alama, Brett Wadman, Sterling Weinzetl, Alex Hohenstein, Zach Kuefler, Riley Atkinson, Brock Fobbe, Chase Knickerbocker, Hunter Brown, Kyler Fobbe, Barrett Bataille, Brad Weege, Mike Anderson, Justin Fyle.
Holthaus seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
b. Zabinski moved to approve the proposed Classified Salary Schedule for 2014-15. Jones seconded. Motion passed unanimously.
c. Curriculum Coordinator Kathy Holahan reviewed the testing schedule for our students in April and May of this school year.
9. Information Items:
a. Superintendent Niklaus updated the board on the Student Resource Officer Study meetings.
b. Scheer updated the board on the clay target league.
c. Zabinski and Jones updated the board on the concept plan for the recreational park.
d. The next regular monthly board meeting will be on Monday, April 28, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. in the Middle School Music Room.
10. Millner moved to adjourn at 8:57 p.m. Holthaus seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
Michael Holthaus, Clerk
A copy of the official minutes is on file at the District Office and is available for public review.
(published in the Annandale Advocate, wednesday, april 2, 2014)
Article Comment Submission Form