|5/7/2013 4:57:00 PM|
Board of Managers
April 10th, 2013 - 7:00PM
Annandale Middle School, Annandale, MN
Chair Schiefelbein called the regular meeting to order at 7:00 PM. Managers Jerry Risberg, Mark Kampa, Mary Ellen Wells, and Bob Schiefelbein were present. Others in attendance were Wright County Commissioner Christine Husom, Orv Jonsrud, Joe Jacobs, Engineer Norm Wenck, Assistant Administrator Dennis Loewen, and Cole Loewen.
Motion #13-04-1: Risberg, seconded by Kampa, made a motion to adopt the Agenda. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #13-04-2: Kampa, seconded by Risberg, made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. All Managers voted aye.
Motion #13-04-3: Wells, seconded by Risberg, made a motion to pay bills of $303,288.78 in seventeen payments. All Managers voted aye.
Engineer Norm Wenck and Assistant Administrator Dennis Loewen provided the following information regarding the Kingston Wetland.
1. The first pay request from New Look Contracting, contractor for the project, has been received, reviewed, and signed by all parties. Payment was submitted to New Look in the amount of $185,250.00.
2. This payment includes an extra 1,800 cubic yards of channel excavation, determined by surveying the cross-sections of constructed channel before and after construction.
3. A second pay request from New Look Contracting has been received in our office. District staff will review before the next Board meeting.
4. It is planned to have a work crew from the Conservation Corp of Minnesota conduct streambank stabilization efforts in the project area from July to October of this year.
Assistant Administrator Loewen presented the following information regarding the Cedar Lake Watershed Protection & Improvement Project:
1. District staff sent an invitation to the seven property owners of the parcel where the Old Highway 55 component is planned. The invite is for an information meeting on April 20th, 2013, at 10:30 am at the Annandale Municipal Park Pavilion.
2. Assistant Administrator Loewen received a correspondence today from Carter Diers, member of the Cedar Lake Conservation Club, regarding questions/concerns he received from one of these seven property owners. These questions/ concerns were forwarded on to Engineer Norm Wenck.
3. Engineer Wenck presented answers/responses to those questions/concerns. Engineer Wenck will provide a memorandum listing these answers/responses, as well as copies of a map detailing the project's location for distribution at this meeting.
Assistant Administrator Loewen presented the following information regarding the Kimball Phase II Stormwater Project:
1. The majority of survey work has been completed, except for the areas located in Canadian Pacific Railroad (CP Rail) right-of-way.
2. CP Rail recently gave their OK to proceed with the culvert inspection and additional survey work in their right-of-way. Next step will be to schedule flaggers from CP Rail, who need to be onsite during said inspection/survey work.
Assistant Administrator Loewen relayed a discussion he had with Greg Berg, Shoreland Specialist with Stearns County Soil & Water Conservation District, regarding the potential for the CRWD and Stearns SWCD to partner of restoration work on Thiel Creek, a tributary stream that flows into Lakes Louisa & Marie.
Cole Loewen presented the letter of intent District Staff send to Dr. Neal Voelz, Biology Professor at St. Cloud State University, regarding mutual interest in working together on a research project for Lake Betsy Hypolimnetic Withdrawal.
Assistant Administrator Loewen presented information on the following topics:
1. The Annandale Business Expo.
2. The Clear Lake Property Owners Association will be holding their annual meeting on April 13th, 2013 at noon in Watkins. Cole Loewen will be in attendance at that meeting and will present on Clear Lake South (Meierhofer) Notch Weir, the Targeted Fertilizer Project, and lakescaping/native streambank restorations.
3. The monthly report on the Clearwater Harbor and Hidden River Sewer System from Septic Check, service provider for these systems, is available for review in the District's office. Septic Check will present on the state of the sewer systems they provide service on at the April 24th, 2013 work session.
4. District staff has been in discussions with PLM Lake & Land Management Corp. regarding the treatment of algae at the Rest-A-While Shores Sewer System's sediment basin.
5. Temporary and permanent modification to the Swartout Lake Outlet Fish Barrier. It is likely a couple of residents from Swartout Lake will be in attendance at an upcoming Board meeting to voice concerns with recent Minnesota Department of Natural Resources actions.
6. Lake Aeration. Discussion was held on potential future actions the Board could undertake regarding lake aeration.
7. The Strategic Planning Workshop agenda.
8. The CRWD Bylaws draft revision. This will require future Board action.
9. The extension of the Mississippi River (St. Cloud) Watershed Project's contract. The only changes noted by staff to the current contract are an extension of the project's end date. This will be discussed at the April 24th, 2013 Board Work Session.
10. The annual project inspections and water quality sampling has begun.
Cole Loewen presented a quote from ESRI, Inc. regarding purchase of a single user's license for their GIS software. Cost is $1,362.66, with an annual maintenance fee of $400.00.
Motion #13-04-4: Kampa, seconded by Mary Ellen, made a motion to approve purchase of ESRI, Inc. GIS software at the quoted price, with an annual maintenance fee of $400.00. All Managers voted aye.
Under Manager's Report, Manager Risberg presented on a variance issue a resident of the Clearwater Harbor Sewer System is having with Stearns County.
Joe Jacobs informed those present that Wright County is planning on updating its water management plan this year. He encouraged the CRWD to let him know of any project's both groups could partner on, so that those projects could be included in the update.
Motion #13-04-5: Kampa, seconded by Wells, made a motion to adjourn. All Managers voted aye.
THESE MINUTES ARE AVAILABLE AT: www.crwd.org
CRWD AUDIT REPORTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE ANNANDALE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Chairman, Bob Schiefelbein
Secretary, Mark Kampa
(published in the annandale advocate, wednesday, may 8, 2013)
Article Comment Submission Form